Solutions for Releaving Leaky Gut
Your Leaky Gut can be totally reversed by following the "Four R" approach to healing your gut. The following are some dietary guidelines that you can follow to releave the symptoms of Leaky Gut and improve your overall Digestive Health.
All foods that may stimulate allergies and foods that accelerate yeast growth
- Pickled foods, such as relish
- Dairy products
- Simple carbohydrates that contain white sugar or white flour
- Artificial sweeteners
- Dried or canned fruits
- Excessive alcohol
- Excessive caffeine
Foods that have additives
- Junk snacks
- Most anything that comes in a box or can will contain preservatives, food colorings, nitrates, MSG and a whole list of other chemicals
- Fizzy drinks: these alter the pH balance in your stomach and contain additives and artificial sweeteners
- Hydrogenated fats
- Carrageen found in ice cream
Environmentally Toxic Foods
- Any foods that are genetically modified (check the label, if it says GMO-don't buy it!)
- Low bottom crawling seafood, like oysters, clams, lobster
- High mercury fish like tuna, mackerel, farm raised fish and swordfish-to find out which fish and shell fish are high in mercury go to: The U.S. Food and Drug Adminstration
ADD TO YOUR DIET
- Herbs, teas and spices that are loaded with Antimicrobial Support
- Increase your fiber content to 40% daily, (keep track of your fiber intake, using a food diary) Fiber aids the body in absorbing and removing toxic waste
- Juice fruits and veggies for easy digestion
- Drink 8 glasses of purified water daily
- Nutritional supplements that support healing
- Be sure to visit our LighterLiving Storefor Water Purifiers and Nutritional Supplements
- Eat small meals frequently
- Chew your food thoroughly, at least 10-20 times per mouthful
- Remove mercury fillings from your mouth-make sure your dentist knows how to safely remove mercury filling or find one who belongs to the International Academy of Oral Medicine & Toxicology
- Sweat often
- Exercise, for 30 minutes at least 3 times per week
TESTING performed by your doctor
- Digestive Stool Analysis- This test will show you what your bacterial balance is-your dysbiosis index, and gut inflammatory markers.
- GI-FX- This stool test identifies all healthy and pathogenic bacteria using DNA. It also identifies parasites.
- Intestinal Permeability test- With this test, you will drink a sugar solution that has both small and large sugar molecules in it. A 6 hour urine collection will determine how leaky your gut is by the size and amount of sugar particles that is found in the urine.
- Gluten is an irritant to the intestinal lining. Check for anti-endomysial, anti-gliadin, and tissue transglutaminase antibodies.
- Toxic Elements-Challenge Test-this test identifies heavy metal load in your body. Heavy metals are intestinal irritants.
- Food allergy screening
- Water testing
*Please consult your doctor before embarking upon any new exercise, dietary or supplemental regime. The information provided here is not intended to be an alternative to professional advice given directly by a qualified medical practitioner. Individual needs may vary depending on personal health issues.