Your AeroPilates reformer becomes your best friend in safely preventing and healing back pain and injury.
A regular workout will retrain your body to utilize your core, stabilizing muscles correctly before and during any movement. Every exercise will help to keep your spine, joints and muscles supple while strengthening your deeper postural muscles to create a long, lithe and strong body; ready for all and any activity at any time.
If you only have a few minutes and have concerns about your back perform the following movements daily:
* Warm-up Footwork to rebalance your pelvis, wake up your core and realign your spine.
Imagine a hot cup of tea on your belly without letting it spill
* The Hundred to strengthen all your core stabilizing muscles from top to toe and get oxygen into your blood
Imagine your body lengthening from your feet as well as your head.
* Leg Lowers to lengthen your hamstrings while stabilizing your pelvis
Allow the reformer to reinsert your legs 1/2" each time you lift while keeping your tailbone on the platform.
* Elephant to actively elongate your hamstrings, stretch your lower back and awaken your pelvic floor
As you return the platform lift your tailbone in the air
* Eves Lunge with a side Bend to stretch your deep hip muscles and increase your back bending range
Add a tiny rotation to get deeper in the hip and psoas muscles